What's involved and how it works
During a treatment session, once the clients history has been taken along with pulse diagnosis and tongue examination a set of very fine, sterilized, single use needles are inserted at specific acupuncture points along the body.
Sam mainly uses a technique called ‘Distal Needling’ which involves using the minimum amount of needles for a more focused approach and using needles on the arms, from elbow down to the hands and on the legs, from the knees down to the feet. The Qi at these acupuncture points are more condensed and therefore stronger and more effective. Stimulation of these points affects both the central and peripheral nervous systems. It triggers the release of the body’s internal chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins, which have pain-relieving and self healing properties.
So for example, if you come with a migrane or back pain, after your assessment, the needling will begin and you should feel the pain reduce within a few seconds. Depending on how long you have had the condition and how severe it is will depict the level of relief.
Here is a list of some conditions acupuncture is proven to treat successfully…
- Musculo-Skeletal (chronic/acute pain, Sciatica, Carpel Tunnel, Frozen Shoulder, Neck Pain etc)
- Respiritory (Asthma, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Bronchitis, Cough, Cold, Flu, Chest tightness/fullness)
- Fertility (male or female, Hormonal Imbalances, menstruation difficulties, pregnancy care, post partum)
- Mental/ Emotional (Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Addictions)
- Chronic Fatigue
- Digestion (Nausea, Ulcers, Colitis, IBS, Constipation, Diarrhea, Acid Reflux, Diabetes)
- Cardiovascular/Circulatory (High/Low Blood Pressure, Fluid Retension, Poor Circulation)
- Skin (Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Urticaria, Dermatitis)